A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Pertubuhan Ukur Jurutera Dan Arkitek [PUJA] (Brunei) and Brunei Institution of Geomatics (BIG) will be signed on 17 May 2014 in conjunction with Surveyors Night 2014. The MoU is as follows:
- PUJA (Brunei) and BIG will build and maintain a long term co-operative relationship and encourage the exchange of professional knowledge and development.
- PUJA (Brunei) and BIG will collaborate in: a) Co-branding of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) events and to offer members of PUJA (Brunei) and BIG the same rates for such events. b) Sponsorship of professional events.
- Each professional body will notify the other of any proposed merger or major constitutional change.
- The leadership of PUJA (Brunei) and BIG will meet at least once in every two (2) years or earlier to discuss matters of common interest.
- PUJA (Brunei) and BIG will keep each other informed of major changes that are of interest to the other.
- In the event of either of the professional bodies wishing to end this agreement, at least one (1) year’s written notice shall be served to the other party.